Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Just Sayin

Ok, before I move on to some happier subjects, I just have to say, it is NOT right to tell someone, "You are so tall, you should stand in the back" and then make said person get up and move after everyone's already sitting, therefore causing a ruckus, all because secretly you just want to sit in the front. I recognize that in certain tones of voice or in certain contexts it might be fine to tell someone that, but in this case it wasn't and it made me mad.

I do not tell vertically challenged that they should carry around the Manhattan telephone book to stand on so they can be normal.

In my mind, Jesus is 7 feet tall and all the disciples are tiny, and he constantly has to duck to get in doorways and stand in the back of group photos, thereby covering his fabulous outfit.


Ok, moving on.

I'm doing much better than last week. I also appreciate everyone's concern. Part of what's been helping is getting involved with things on campus which allows me to do real things and work at things I'm passionate about. Also, I'm meeting people with the same interests.

Also, my youth ministry class took a retreat to Camden this weekend which was really good spiritually. We visited Urban Promise, an agency working with Camden kids to give them leadership skills, a better education, and lots of Jesus. It really helped put perspective on what I'm doing here- that there's something amazing at the end of the tunnel.
If you're interested, here's the Urban Promise website:

http://www.urbanpromiseusa.org/

Also, I said something smart in Exegesis class yesterday. Yay!

1 comment:

St. Casserole said...

Whatever the context, it sounds rude to me. Sorry the person doesn't know "gentle".

I admire tall people. I never get to be tall except when compared to housecats and short toddlers.