Monday, September 10, 2007

My Break

So I have been somewhat MIA the past couple of weeks, mostly because I have been out of my routine. I ended Summer Greek and have barely touched my computer while I've been home, but here's some things I've been up to:

-Catching up with friends, including one in Wisconsin, and a great trip to the city with Lauren which killed four birds with one trip so to say.

-Going to Eau Claire, Wisconsin! This was a fun, very relaxing trip. I feel like airport karma owed me an easy one. My second trip to this wonderful state did not disappoint. I was staying with a very good friend from college, Laura, and we spent tons of time chatting- letting the time get away from us. We are eerily similar in our thoughts about things and both enjoy long, nerdy discussions about education. It was great and I wish we lived closer.

- Home projects. I have stripped the wall paper in my bathroom, cleared out several drawers of clothes, and finally made something out of all my Europe crap (from 2003!), namely, a poster to hang in my room at school. This was a great idea stolen directly from Laura. Thanks, LJ!

- Lots of movies. My favorite "old but new to me"- Philadelphia. I know, terrible that I hadn't seen it yet, but really great acting and such important issues. My favorite "New New" movie- 3:10 to Yuma. Ok, super amazing, flawless in my opinion.

-Lots of reading. I finished White Teeth (I highly recommend this, but give yourself some time, it's not light reading) and started Another Bullshit Night in Suck City, a memoir that deals in part with the issue of homelessness in Boston. It's pretty depressing, but cool because the author worked at Pine Street, a homeless shelter I lived across the street from for a year.

-Good family time. I have proudly introduced Sam to the wonders of Raffi which he asks for by saying some combination of "Aunt Nenna sings", "bathtub" or "Baby Belooooogggoooo" I think he thinks I made Baby Beluga up in the bathtub. Also, I got to see my Aunt and Uncle and cousins at a barbecue yesterday which was really fun.

Tomorrow I have to officially stand before the Presbytery of Newton and officially say what I believe, officially. It's a little stressful because I'm at the end of a very long meeting and I only have 3 minutes to fit in all that I need to say. Then I answer questions. There will be some nail biting on my part but I think I'm starting to get used to all the hoops I need to jump through.

Orientation starts Friday. Classes start next Wednesday. I'm pumped!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good luck tomorrow, B!
Love you.