Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Everything I really need to know I learned at Seminary Orientation

Some things I've picked up during orientation:

- Be sure to check the source of the item you are plagiarizing because the source may be your professor.

-I should feel lucky, honored, and awe-inspired that this school has just achieved On-line registration. (I know what you're saying, "Um, haven't most schools been doing that for like 10 years?" Yes, but what's important is that we have it now.)

- No means No. Unless you are unable to say No and then it doesn't mean anything. Hmmm...

-In order to appease my indecisiveness, I can be on both the boards of "Seminarians for Life" and "Seminarians for Reproductive Choice". That's not a conflict of interest is it?

-The President ( a chaplain to Her Majesty the Queen (no, like really, he has tea with her on a regular basis)) enjoys jokes about what he may or may not be wearing under his fancy robe.

-Don't pee in a bottle and try to recycle it. (I think this is best left unexplained.)

-Your best friends should be the food service people and the facilities people.


But seriously, I'm realizing:

- I may have more gifts and experiences to offer than I ever realized.
- I deserve, despite initial reservations, to be here as much as anyone else and it's really God's plan.
- A Theatre Education degree may not be as useless as I assumed it would be since every day it's tying into what I'm doing. (Also, PTS trivia, MS.Youth Ministry Goddess herself holds a Theatre Education Degree. If that's not affirmation, I don't know what is.)
- I am truly blessed to be part of a theological community that spans almost 200 years and hopefully will continue for 200 more.


I am blessed, I am blessed, I am blessed

2 comments:

Linda said...

i want to know the stories behind some of those....p.s. what dates are reading week?????

Erin said...

two weeks until you are here!!!!