Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The day is at hand

Somewhere in the middle of this chaos called the first semester of seminary, I began to fit in. I think I might be at home here, and for anyone who knows me, this takes the form of being outrageously busy. Case in point, my day today:

7am: Advent Bible Study
8am: Youth Ministry class (make important comment about why we teach our boys different things then our girls)
9am: Shower
9:30am: I am exhausted. Nap.
10:40: Vagina Monologue Auditions (did I mention I'm co-directing the Vagina Monologues next semester?)
11:40: Church History
12:40: Power Nap
1:20: Lunch and meeting with Preceptor who thinks I'm smarter than C=M.Div.
2:00: 1 Page Exegetical Appetizer
2:25: Leave for Work
2:35: Dunkin' Donuts stop and 4th cup of coffee for the day
3-6pm: Work with kids answering questions like "What is volume?" and "What sound does 'ch' make?"
6:30pm: Group project planning.
7:30pm: More vagina monologue auditions
9pm: break to process w/Kelly about group project.
10pm: Prayer group.


So somewhere I became busy and my life started here. It's weird because it is so all of a sudden, in the way we are told Christ will come back to us. I've also been thinking about how Seminary is like 4 years of Advent instead of just 4 weeks. We all seem to be waiting for our lives to really start. Yet, I think my day today proves that mine has. My day was full of ministry and Christ's presence. No it wasn't perfect. I was frustrated, I didn't get some things done, I'm not fully prepared for tomorrow, but I think I lived out my calling today in a real and tangible way and I don't often feel like I can say that. It gives me hope. It makes me love others. It renews my faith.

2 comments:

Linda said...

7am?? wow. you are holy. i don't even know if i believe in God that early in the morning! anyway, i'm glad you found your place there! that thought makes me happy!

Erin said...

Looks to me like Brenna got her groove back!