Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Post #6

I haven't blogged in a while, mostly because nothing very new has happened. I have only 7 days of summer Greek left which is exciting and I'm looking forward to my first real semester. I'm feeling a bit more at home here, feeling more comfortable to be myself. In loud and chaotic places, I appreciate the solace of my quiet room.

I've spent a lot of time with my family which feels strangely wonderful. I keep feeling like I need to get all this time with them in before I go away again, and then I realize I'm not going away. It's nice.

On Monday I went to a meeting in the city put together by some Zetas. Zetas, if you don't know, are those belonging to Zeta Phi Eta, my college co-ed fraternity. They are some of the most awesome people I know and I was pumped to see them, and hopefully I'll keep seeing them! You see, we're trying to put together a New York professional chapter of Zeta. Professional chapters are for those who have graduated from college but still want to do Zeta-y things like community service and professional development stuff. I think it's great and will be a good escape from the Seminary bubble when I need it.

Ideally, something exciting will happen to me this week that I can write about.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Linda said...

i'm excited to read anything boring or not..