Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's like Mardi Gras Happened in my Room

So funny story. This weekend as many of you know, I was in and co-directed The Vagina Monologues here at Princeton Seminary. As our "costumes" we all wore black with one piece of pink or red flair. Because I was doing a monologue on New Orleans, I wanted to have authentic Mardi Gras beads. I sent word to my friends there to "Send me somethin' mister!", that is, please mail me some pink or red beads.

However, due to bad weather up here and the holiday last week, all my mail got delayed and I didn't get the packages until today.

So now I have a million pink and red beads (with some extra funny ones thrown in). My room and possibly whole floor is about to be decked out!

I love my friends and their thoughtfulness. It makes me feel like I'm back home in the double wide.

Thanks Linda, Erin and Kerry!

1 comment:

Linda said...

i'm sooo bummed that they didn't get to you in time!!! do you think maybe you can video yourself wearing all the beads and doing your monologue???

i'm glad you finally got your packages!! love you! have fun decking the halls mardi gras style!!